If you are thinking of kickstarting a new e-commerce business, choosing the right e-commerce platform is one of the most important steps in your journey to success.
With the rapid rise of e-commerce worldwide, more and more people now prefer to shop from the comfort of their homes, and India is no exception to this phenomenon.
Several e-commerce marketplaces in India today are trying to make running an e-commerce business easier, faster, and more efficient, but a few stand out from the rest.
If you wish to know more about the best e-commerce platform in India, we have got you covered.
Best E-commerce Platforms for Indian Businesses
Shopify is one of the world’s most successful e-commerce platforms. Whether you’re a new business owner or a seasoned one, Shopify has everything you need to achieve success. Despite its popularity, however, Shopify is not perfect.
- User-friendly and simple platform
- High-quality, beautiful templates to get you started
- Has its own Shopify app store with a variety of apps to enhance functionality
- Features such as unlimited products, flexible payment options, daily reports etc.
- 24×7 support
- Offers a 14-day free trial for new users
- Only a handful of templates are available free of cost
- Shopify plans tend to be on the expensive side
- Most apps require you to pay an extra subscription fee
- Not for the tech-savvy
Ecwid by Lightspeed is a cloud-based e-commerce platform that is ideal for anybody who is looking to integrate a fully functional online store into their existing website, social media business page, mobile application, blog and so on.
- There is a free plan option for users who do not wish to subscribe
- The paid plans are affordable and range from ₹700/- to ₹4990/- per month
- With the Unlimited Plan, you can create your own iOS or Android application
- Seamless integration with your existing website
- A stand-alone website (for users with no existing website) that comes with only one page
- With the free plan, you are restricted to just 10 products on your online store
- No options to include product variants in the Free or Venture plans
If you have a WordPress website and want to add e-commerce functionality, WooCommerce is the best option for you.
WooCommerce is an e-commerce plugin solution built on WordPress, which gives users a wide range of customisation options.
- Free plugin for WordPress users
- Feature-rich customisation tools and in-built payment options
- No restrictions on products and product categories
- You retain full control over your data
- No stand-alone option to help you build a website
- WordPress website is a must
- Some extensions and plugins cost extra
Shoopy is India’s very own e-commerce platform, designed to help businesses run a successful online store, irrespective of size and scale of operations. It is an all-in-one e-commerce solution for all your needs and offers several exciting features, including your very own Android application.
- One application for your online store, invoicing, accounting, and inventory management
- Affordable pricing tailored for Indian sellers
- Android app and delivery services app included with your e-commerce store
- Mobile-first service with support for third-party integration
- 24×7 support
There are a lot of e-commerce platforms to choose from in India, but Shoopy’s uniqueness and all-round performance make it stand out from the competition.
From the first step of creating a personalised website to the final delivery of products, Shoopy supports you throughout the journey, making it the best possible option for Indian sellers looking to enter the e-commerce market or even those who are looking to improve their performance online.